Maple Street Biscuit Company is a breakfast/lunch fast casual restaurant (although we prefer the term "Community Store") based out of Jacksonville, Florida. We currently have 33 locations in Florida, Tennessee, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Texas. We have a mission: Help people, serve others, be a part of the community. We also operate with four guiding principles: Comfort Food with a Modern Twist Made Consistently, Gracious Service, Immaculately Clean, and Sustainable Business. It’s important that you know that, because we aren’t interested in people looking for a “job.” We want people to join our family, people that identify with our mission and principles. If you do, please keep reading. We’re excited to get to know you!
Maple Street Biscuit Company is hiring a Community Leader to lead and operate our community store in the University Town Center area of Sarasota, Florida,
Would you describe yourself as a servant leader? Are you willing to work hard for a mission? Do you want to run a business? This is not an opportunity for someone that wants to come into work, work a schedule, get their paycheck, and go home. The typical schedule for a Community Leader is 5 days a week, including Saturdays from early morning until late afternoon, but this could be extended if there are early catering orders or later spirit night. We are closed on Sundays and our stores close at 2 Monday-Friday and 3 on Saturday. You are the operator for the store, so even when you aren't there, you have ownership of what happens. That being said, our goal is for you to develop a great team that you trust to lead the store when you're not there so you can still enjoy time off with family and friends!
The Community Leader:
- Operates one of our community stores
- Serves their community
- Spends most of their day on the floor engaging with guests
- Ensures the team is staying on track, meeting ticket times, treating each other with grace, and serving consistent food
- Ensures the store is immaculately clean
- Hires, leads and develops a team
- Is a gracious leader
- Ensures Cost of Goods and Labor Numbers are met and commits to making the store a sustainable business
- Gets a base salary and a percentage of the store profits (profits start after 1 year of employment)
We are looking for:
- Servant leadership
- Business acumen
- Driven personality
- Outgoing personality
- The ability to tell our story in an engaging way
- Experience meeting cost of goods and labor numbers
- Strong leadership experience
- Proven ability to manage team and store performance
- Creative ideas to grow sales
- The desire to engage our guests and spend more time on the floor with them than in the kitchen
- The ability to be on your feet for up to 10 hours per day
- The ability to take and implement feedback
- The desire to help people and serve your community
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Maple Street Biscuit Company Florida
Maple Street Biscuit Company has a mission: Help people, serve others, be a part of the community. We are a group of community stores led by Community Leaders. We have four guiding principles: Comfort Food with a Modern Twist, Gracious Service, Immaculately Clean, and Sustainable Business. It’s important that you know that, because we aren’t interested in people looking for a “job.” We want people that identify with our mission and principles to join our family.
Company Website: maplestreetbiscuits.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)