- The Lead Make will cook made from scratch comfort food with a modern twist in an open kitchen environment. This individual will follow recipes exactly and will be responsible for a range of kitchen responsibilities, from making gravy and jams to filleting raw chicken breast. It is imperative that the Lead Make understands the importance of following a recipe accurately and keeping food consistent.
- In addition to preparing food, the Lead Make will also monitor the food in the freezer and refrigerator and ensure it is stored properly for food safety. This is not a recipe creation role.
- This individual has to be comfortable making the same from scratch items on a weekly basis.
- The Lead Make should take pride in our food and love to cook.
- The Lead Make must have excellent time management skills and must pace themselves throughout the week in order to not over or under prep menu items.
- Ability to read and follow a recipe exactly
- Understanding of kitchen measurements and abbreviations
- Knife skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to work independently and manage their own tasks
- Ability to lift 25 or more pounds
- Ability to be on feet for 6+ hours a day
- Food Manager certification
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Maple Street Biscuit Company
Maple Street Biscuit Company has a mission: Help people, serve others, be a part of the community. We are a group of community stores led by Community Leaders. We have four guiding principles: Comfort Food with a Modern Twist, Gracious Service, Immaculately Clean, and Sustainable Business. It’s important that you know that, because we aren’t interested in people looking for a “job.” We want people that identify with our mission and principles to join our family.
Company Website: www.maplestreetbiscuits.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)