The Kitchen Lead at Maple Street Biscuit Company is responsible for ensuring we meet our first principle, Comfort Food with a Modern Twist Made Consistently. This is a full-time position. The Kitchen Lead will generally work after hours (we close at 2pm everyday) Monday-Friday, but this is subject to change based on the needs of the store. This person is responsible for hiring, training, and managing the tasks of the other Leads at the store. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cook made from scratch comfort food with a modern twist in an open kitchen environment.
- Understand the importance of following a recipe accurately and keeping food consistent.
- Monitor the food in the freezer and refrigerator and ensure it is stored properly for food safety. Note, this is not a recipe creation role.
- Ability to read and follow a recipe exactly
- Excellent time management skills
- Understanding of kitchen measurements and abbreviations
- Knife skills
- Ability to work independently and manage their own tasks
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to be on feet for up to eight hours a day
- Ability to work around loud noises and in a fast-paced environment
- Food Manager certification
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Maple Street Biscuit Company
Maple Street Biscuit Company has a mission: Help people, serve others, be a part of the community. We are a group of community stores led by Community Leaders. We have four guiding principles: Comfort Food with a Modern Twist, Gracious Service, Immaculately Clean, and Sustainable Business. It’s important that you know that, because we aren’t interested in people looking for a “job.” We want people that identify with our mission and principles to join our family.
Company Website: www.maplestreetbiscuits.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)