Maple Street Biscuit Company is a breakfast/lunch fast casual restaurant with a mission to Help People, Serve Others, and Be a Part of the Community. We operate on four core principles: Comfort Food with a Modern Twist Made Consistently, Gracious Service, Immaculately Clean Stores, and Sustainable Business. Each community store is led by an Operator/Store Manager, who we call the Community Leader. The Community Leader operates and leads the store and we are looking for the perfect leader to join our family! No restaurant experience needed; as we are looking for people who want to learn, will work hard, and have a servant heart!
Would you describe yourself as a servant leader? Are you willing to work hard for a mission? Do you want to run a business? This is not an opportunity for someone that wants to come into work, get their paycheck, and go home. The typical schedule for a Community Leader is 5 days a week, and that includes most Saturdays and Sundays from early morning until late afternoon, but this could be extended if there are early catering orders or later spirit night. Normal team member hours are 6am-4pm every day. You are the operator for the store, so even when you aren't there, you have ownership of what happens. Our goal is for you to develop a great team that you trust to lead the store when you're not there so you can still enjoy time off with family and friends!
The Community Leader
- Operates one of our community stores
- Serves their community
- Spends most of their day on the floor engaging with guests
- Ensures the team is staying on track, meeting ticket times, treating each other with grace, and serving consistent food
- Ensures the store is immaculately clean
- Hires, leads and develops a team
- Is a gracious leader
- Ensures Cost of Goods and Labor Numbers are met and commits to making the store a sustainable business
- Gets a base salary and a percentage of the store profits
We are looking for
- Servant leadership - Looking for leaders who are not above washing dishes!
- Business acumen
- Driven personality
- Outgoing personality
- Desire to run a business vs just do a job
- The ability to tell our story in an engaging way
- Ability to manage team and store performance
- Creative ideas to grow sales
- The desire to engage our guests and spend more time on the floor with them than in the kitchen
- The ability to be on your feet for up to 10 hours per day
- The ability to take and implement feedback
- The desire to help people and serve your community
- The ability to work weekends
- Restaurant experience preferred but not required
- Experience managing cost of goods and labor
What are we looking for?
Dependable, hard workers who want to help us live out our mission. We are a smoke free environment and do not offer "smoke breaks". We also make two promises: This will be a safe space, where you will never get yelled at or cursed at (and we ask you to promise the same) and you will always go home tired.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Paid Time Off
- Great work environment
- Mission driven company
- Nights off (Normal hours 6am-4pm)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Maple Street Biscuit Company
Maple Street Biscuit Company has a mission: Help people, serve others, be a part of the community. We are a group of community stores led by Community Leaders. We have four guiding principles: Comfort Food with a Modern Twist, Gracious Service, Immaculately Clean, and Sustainable Business. It’s important that you know that, because we aren’t interested in people looking for a “job.” We want people that identify with our mission and principles to join our family.
Company Website: www.maplestreetbiscuits.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)