Maple Street Biscuit Company is a fast-casual breakfast and lunch restaurant with a mission to Help People, Serve Others, and Be a Part of the Community. No restaurant experience needed; as we are looking for people who want to learn, will work hard, and have a servant heart! Currently we are looking for an Assistant Community Leader to join our family!
The Assistant Community Leader
- Holds themselves and the team to the highest standards
- Can open and close the store appropriately and efficiently
- Is gracious always
- Understands what immaculately clean looks like, does it, and can teach it
- Is a leader in the kitchen while the Community Leader is on the floor
- Leads the store and is on the floor, interacting with guests, and living the model while the Community Leader is off
- Submits the food and paper orders
- Understands and can assist with inventory
- Understands how to manage labor and creates the weekly schedule accordingly
- Understands how to manage cost of goods
- Knows how to handle a health inspection
- Assist the Community Leader with interviewing and hiring decisions, as well as performance conversations
- Files workmans comp claims if the Community Leader is not at the store
- Will learn every position in kitchen well enough to be able to train new team members
- Will help develop the next level of leadership
- Looking for leaders who want to grow within Maple Street but are not above washing dishes!
- Calm in the storm
- Desire to serve others and be a part of a family
- Understands the difference between leading and managing
- Ability to become Food Manager Certified
- Can stand for long periods of time
- Is comfortable around people and in loud environments
- Can work Saturdays and Sundays
- Can work holidays (not Thanksgiving or Christmas)
What are we looking for?
Dependable, hard workers who want to help us live out our mission. We are a smoke free environment and do not offer "smoke breaks". We also make two promises: This will be a safe space, where you will never get yelled at or cursed at (and we ask you to promise the same) and you will always go home tired.
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for full-time employees
- Free meals
- Evenings off, except in the case of a special event (Normal hours 6am-4pm)
- Lots of opportunity for growth
- Paid Time Off
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Maple Street Biscuit Company
Maple Street Biscuit Company has a mission: Help people, serve others, be a part of the community. We are a group of community stores led by Community Leaders. We have four guiding principles: Comfort Food with a Modern Twist, Gracious Service, Immaculately Clean, and Sustainable Business. It’s important that you know that, because we aren’t interested in people looking for a “job.” We want people that identify with our mission and principles to join our family.
Company Website: www.maplestreetbiscuits.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)