Maple Street Biscuit Company is a breakfast/lunch fast casual restaurant with a mission to help people, serve others, and be a part of the community. We operate on four core principles: Comfort Food with a Modern Twist Made Consistently, Gracious Service, and Sustainable Business. Each community store is led by a Community Leader who operates and leads the store.
We are growing and are looking for FOUR Community Leader Trainees. This individual will learn everything needed to be a successful Community Leader. The training program will be based throughout the Southeast and will include in store training, office training, and assisting with new store openings. Once the individual completes the training program, they will be assigned a location to operate and lead as the Community Leader. This individual will need to commit to likely relocating for that opportunity. Relocation costs will be fully covered by Maple Street Biscuit Company.
The Community Leader role is as follows:
Would you describe yourself as a servant leader? Are you willing to work hard for a mission? Do you want to run a business? This is not an opportunity for someone that wants to come into work, work a schedule, get their paycheck, and go home. The typical schedule for a Community Leader is 5 days a week, and could include Saturdays and Sundays from early morning until late afternoon, but this could be extended if there are early catering orders or later spirit night. Our stores close at 2 Monday-Friday and 3 on Saturday and Sunday. You are the operator for the store, so even when you aren't there, you have ownership of what happens. That being said, our goal is for you to develop a great team that you trust to lead the store when you're not there so you can still enjoy time off with family and friends!
The Community Leader:
- Operates one of our community stores
- Serves their community
- Spends most of their day on the floor engaging with guests
- Ensures the team is staying on track, meeting ticket times, treating each other with grace, and serving consistent food
- Ensures the store is immaculately clean
- Hires, leads and develops a team
- Is a gracious leader
- Ensures Cost of Goods and Labor Numbers are met and commits to making the store a sustainable business
- Gets a base salary and a percentage of the store profits
We are looking for:
- Servant leadership
- Business acumen
- Driven personality
- Outgoing personality
- Desire to run a business vs just do a job
- The ability to tell our story in an engaging way
- Ability to manage team and store performance
- Creative ideas to grow sales
- The desire to engage our guests and spend more time on the floor with them than in the kitchen
- The ability to be on your feet for up to 10 hours per day
- The ability to take and implement feedback
- The desire to help people and serve your community
- The ability to work weekends
- Some weekends off
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Accident, Critical Illness, Short Term Disability insurance
- Unlimited Paid Time Off once in Community Leader role
- Great work environment
- Mission driven company
- Nights off
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Maple Street Biscuit Company
Maple Street Biscuit Company has a mission: Help people, serve others, be a part of the community. We are a group of community stores led by Community Leaders. We have four guiding principles: Comfort Food with a Modern Twist, Gracious Service, Immaculately Clean, and Sustainable Business. It’s important that you know that, because we aren’t interested in people looking for a “job.” We want people that identify with our mission and principles to join our family.
Company Website: www.maplestreetbiscuits.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)